Are you having issues with your housing? Or are you stuck without a home and don’t see any way of getting one soon? When you’re safe and secure in a home, it’s easy to take for granted. As soon as your right to accommodation is threatened, it becomes clear how much of a necessity it is.
Do you need help with housing issues? Come to Bendles for legal housing advice. We’ve been helping the people of Carlisle for over 200 years. Let us help you, it’s what we do. Get in touch today to arrange a consultation. Give us a call on 01228 522215 to book one now.
The prospect of being made homeless is terrifying, so you’ll want to do all you can to avoid it. When threatened with something so life changing you might not be able to think rationally, it’s often better to refer the matter to solicitors for expert, impartial help.
Without the right knowledge, the law can be confusing. We’ll use our legal expertise to make sure you don’t get taken advantage of, so you don’t have to go without a home when there’s no reason.
If you come to Bendles we'll help and offer advice on the following housing issues:
- Squatters’ rights - you can become the registered owner of a property if you've occupied it without permission for 10 years or more. We’ll let you know if you can lay claim.
- Revenge eviction - if a landlord tries to remove you from the property for asking for repairs or complaining about conditions.
- Breach of tenancy agreement - if a landlord breaks one of the terms outlined in your tenancy agreement.
- Housing disrepair claims - if landlords refuse to carry out repairs. At the very least this is inconvenient for you, but it may affect your quality of life and possibly cause personal injury.
- Issues with local housing authorities - we’ll help you challenge cases where housing authorities have failed to provide you with accommodation in the event of homelessness.
- Unlawful eviction - landlords have to follow certain rules when evicting tenants. Any of the following actions are unlawful; forcing you to leave by threatening or harassing you, physically throwing you out, restricting access to parts of your home or changing the locks while you’re out.
If you’re experiencing any of the above problems, or another housing issue, Bendles will help. If you’re facing homelessness we’ll help you get legal aid to cover fees.
As with other issues, we try and resolve problems without the need for court action. So you’ll save money on legal fees, as well as avoid the stress brought about by going to court.
If there’s anything standing in way to the safety and security of a home, get in touch with Bendles. We offer a free consultation so we can discuss your best course of action. Contact our dispute resolution expert, Michael Johnson, today. Give us a call on 01228 522215 to get help sooner.